Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mo'!

For background, I knew it was about Karston's lunchtime today since he was up from his morning nap. When he reached for my water cup, I knew it was time. I put him on the kitchen counter and gave him some of my water to drink several times, just like usual. Then I set aside my water so I could fix his lunch. He looked me directly in the eyes and said MO very loudly! Hunh? I offered him more water, even though he had had as much as he usually wants, and sure enough, he wanted more water! And he said so. Whoa.


About 6 months ago, he said Hello and Hungry when he woke up. Although both of those words were appropriate at the time, I don't think he knew what he was saying. This time, he knew what he wanted, he knew what he was saying, and he got more water. That's a win!



No comments: