Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Two Steps

Karston took his first steps yesterday afternoon! We went for a walk to enjoy the pretty afternoon, and Karston was in his baby backpack. When we came back in, we let Karston stand in his backpack while we took our shoes off. He looked pretty happy, so I wasn't looking at him while I took my shoes off. When I turned around, Hmm, I thought Karston was closer to me than that. Then I noticed Kurtis looked surprised. Karston took a couple of steps, and moved his baby backpack himself! So while he's not cruising yet, he is on his way to walking. (He skipped crawling.)

What could top that step forward? Well, I think he tried to sleep through the night, too! Last night we all slept soundly until about 5:30 AM when the Daddy snoring hit a record loudness. I hope Karston makes a habit of sleeping for hours until awakened! I'd like to resume my habit of sleeping through the night.

No comments: