Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pollen Dusting

The craft we started yesterday afternoon and finished this morning was to make two washable (fleece) Swiffer duster covers. The very best part of this family craft was that Cale felt invested in dusting. He helped to make the duster, so he wanted to try it out! He asked me where he could dust (yes, a six-year-old asked to dust!), and I showed him all the pollen on my sewing desk next to the window I always open when the weather is warm enough. The duster cover is now distinctly yellow (but hey, I can wash it!). He also dusted the bookshelves in his bedroom.

Cale was enjoying cleaning, so he also swept the stairs (leaves blew in from the garage the last time I opened up the whole house for an unseasonably warm day - I love fresh air!) with the broom that's too short for me to use, and then emptied the dustpan outside. Wow!

No comments: