Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kid Tracks, Take Two

Today was Cale's first day of Kid Tracks preschool. We would have missed Kid Tracks more once Karston was a graduate, but we knew Cale would be starting soon. He was very happy to arrive, but since he had only been there with me, and I stayed longer to do the registration paperwork, well, he was sad to see me go. He said Mommy don't go, and that really tugged at me. I'll be faster to leave next time!

At pick-up time, Cale was sitting on a green tractor ride-on toy. Apparently he spent quite a while on that tractor! Every time Daddy asked Cale how he liked Kid Tracks, Cale said Took green tractor away. From me. So I guess that's what really mattered to him today!

After dropping Cale off at Kid Tracks, we went to (sigh) our first parent-teacher conference. Karston's kindergarten teacher is worried about his letter sound recognition. Given the timing, I had just checked with Karston's preschool director, who snorted. So I think this is either childish diction or weak test-taking skills. Since he does know his letters and their common sounds, this should be easy to fix. We'll see!

No comments: